- 19th Century 3 Bedroom Barn Conversion
- Beamed Architecture
- Single Detached Garage
- Gardens Front and to the Side
- Semi-Rural Location
- Council Tax Band - E
The spacious kitchen has room for a dining table and is well equipped with a bank of wall and base cabinets. Integral appliances will include a Prestige Electric Range oven with gas hob and chimney extractor above. Kenwood dishwasher, AEG washer/dryer, AEG fridge/freezer and plumbing installed for water to an American Fridge Freezer if so desired. With travertine tiling to the walls, the farmhouse styled kitchen has ambient lighting and recessed spot lights to the ceiling.
Leading off the kitchen is a ground floor cloakroom with back to wall w.c. and wall hung wash basin with a continuity of the same ceramic flooring flows throughout.
The sitting room is a lovely cosy room with plush, pure wool carpeting and windows to both elevations. Installed with a Morso multi fuel log burner with ambient lighting, the room has a rustic exposed red brick wall which further enhances the cottage appeal.
The second floor landing, reached from the dining kitchen brings you into a wonderful space with an abundance of adorable features which includes an "owl slit" window and fabulous beamed architecture. With a mezzanine approached via antique period barn ladders, the space is bright, fresh and filled with light via the Velux windows. The mezzanine is designed in such a way it could be utilised as a small study area if so desired.
Leading to three bedrooms and the house bathroom, the master is positioned to the rear and includes traditional beams which certainly add the wow factor. With a shower ensuite with square shower enclosure, counter top wash basin with drawer unit and low level w.c. the room also includes a chrome towel radiator.
The further two bedrooms include a large double and generous single, both able to support free standing furniture, with the double having individual architecture and striking beams.
The house bathroom has a large bath with mixer shower above, wash basin with drawer unit and low level w.c. Partially tiled with a combination of white and grey with a chrome trim, the room is completed with a chrome towel radiator.
EXTERIOR In a quiet hamlet, Rookery Farm is a residential setting, surrounded by countryside. Chapel Barn is at the end of the hamlet with no passing traffic and includes a detached single garage with two parking spaces.
With traditional drystone walling bordering the garden, perfect for the safety of young children and pets, the garden is mostly laid to lawn and includes a patio area with wall pergola to the side elevation.
A driveway to the side of the garage is perfect for one vehicle with additional parking available within the gardens if so desired.
The pathway to the main entrance has lighting posts and the garden further includes a timber outbuilding for the storage of garden furniture if so desired.
LOCATION Grange Moor is a small village situated between Huddersfield and Wakefield. The village grew around the Shuttle Eye Colliery, which operated in the village between 1862 and 1973. Surrounded by local amenities and popular tourist attractions which includes the National Coal Mining Museum where you can journey 140m underground and discover 180 years of mining history, you can also find out about the people and communities at the heart of the industry
The village has an off licence and convenience store and slightly further afield is The Blacksmith's Arms which is at the Junction of Wakefield Road and Barnsley Road. The Kaye Arms is about half a mile from the centre of Grange Moor along Wakefield Road towards Wakefield.
The village has a local primary school which delivers a lively curriculum and plan a wide range of engaging and exciting activities in all classes.
With just under a 30 minute car journey, you can catch a train from Wakefield Westgate, travelling regularly to all Northern Powerhouse city regions such as Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To discuss this property call our Huddersfield Office:
Market your property
with Yorkshire's Finest
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.