- Original Windmill
- 2/3 Bedrooms arranged over 2 floors
- Scope to Extend (STPP)
- Large Gardens
- Tandem Garage and Driveway
- Council Tax Band - D
The once working Windmill has now been converted into a three bedroom property with two bedrooms located to the first floor and a third bedroom to the ground floor, if so required.
The first floor has an incredibly spacious house bathroom and landing which if reconfigured could easily become a further bedroom with ensuite provisions. Added to this, the studio to the tower which again provides scope for occasional use, this property has an abundance of versatile options for new homeowners.
As soon as you enter the property through the open porch, you step onto a travertine styled flooring with the snug reception/bedroom to the right. The original external wall of the windmill provides instant appealing architecture and the use of timber and glass doors draws in natural lighting.
The main sitting room is located in the windmill with staircase following the curvature of the walls and bespoke glazing providing views over the gardens. The room is installed with a cast iron wood burning stove and additional radiators. With nooks and crannies expected in a home with traditional features, the sitting room leads out to the garden.
The contemporary kitchen is open plan to the large dining room and includes a butlers pantry leading back to the entrance hall and a separate utility room with cloak room facilities. This area could be converted to include shower facilities for the ground floor bedroom. Another door takes you out to the garden which is perfect for those household laundry duties.
The kitchen includes a Whirlpool 4 ring gas hob, Baumatic inbuilt microwave oven, electric fan assisted oven and chimney extractor fan. Space for a free standing fridge freezer is located in the butlers pantry and the kitchen is completed with a glittery quartz work surface.
The garden room has the best views of the grounds towards the raised garden island with Cherry tree and an abundance of colours with spring flowers strategically placed for colour and presentation.
To the first floor, two large bedrooms appreciate built in wardrobes and ensuite facilities with the master bedroom again enjoying the long range views, dressing area and a vast range of built in drawers beneath the oversized bespoke glazing.
Loft ladders take you to the studio to the tower section of the windmill. A delightful architectural aspect with potential to become a home office, art studio or occasional bedroom, this space is a lovely addition to the home.
Externally, the gardens set well back from Sandy Lane are a gardeners paradise. With plenty of fruit tress including a Bramley Apple tree and Plum trees to the rear, the garden has sunken vegetable patches, large lawn, raised flower beds and pathway leading to the cottage and boundaries. There is a timber shed and an original old earth closet now used as a log store.
Reached via a driveway on a slight incline, the remainder of the gardens are flat and landscaped and therefore perfect for children and pets.
A large tandem garage with plenty of windows and pedestrian access to the rear would be a great workshop but also houses two cars perfectly.
LOCATION Within easy reach of well regarded schooling, Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Silcoates School and King James Academy are within the surrounding area with Wakefield and the M1 reached in 5 miles. Huddersfield is 9.2 miles. Sandy Lane offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of busy town life, instantly producing an aura of calm appreciated as soon as you enter the boundaries but within a short drive, local town amenities are just at your finger tips. A favoured equestrian destination given the many bridle ways and local walks, Middlestown appreciates the village amenities which includes a well regarded medical centre, the Seed Room coffee shop and bistro positioned in a popular garden centre. The Little Bull is an independent free house, family run business which prides itself on character, entertainment and a range of choices with the finest ales.
Local schooling is located at Middlestown Primary Academy or Horbury Primary Academy, both well regarded educational facilities appreciated by the local community. Horbury which is steeped in the industrial wool and cloth history is a fabulous town with all required amenities and lies close to the Calder and Hebble canal.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To discuss this property call our Huddersfield Office:
Market your property
with Yorkshire's Finest
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.