- Original 17C Farm Workers Cottage
- Double garage with gardens
- Fantastic transport links
- High quality furnishings throughout
- Historic links
Externally, the cottage is provided with an adjacent detached double garage that has an electric shutter with fob controls and has personal parking. The boundary walls to the cottage encompass a well established lawn, a natural stone flagged pathway to the main entrance. To the rear, a spacious patio allows for the addition of garden furniture for one to enjoy the evening sunshine. Internally, no attention to detail has been spared in the design and refurbishment of the cottage. The large family kitchen easily supports a dining table and includes a stunning granite work top with Belfast sink and chrome mixer tap, Rangemaster oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and all completed with wooden sage green cabinets with cup holder handles and a striking mirrored splash back. The porcelain tiled floor runs throughout the entire cottage and is installed with underfloor heating. Above, the beamed architecture fused with understated down lighting guarantees a comforting environment and enviable design. The sitting room with carved stone fire surround is equipped with a flue for a log burner and has a traditional gas fire and again with porcelain tiled floor, the dimensions allow for plentiful family seating. The beamed ceiling and wooden internal doors are all in keeping with mullion windows and the overall character of the cottage.
The main bedroom with a long hanging wardrobe with storage above and electric Velux skylight, complete with solar powered blind. Enclosed shower and ensuite in white and chrome features. USB points and door for convenience leads out to the exterior patio. Additional to the ensuite facilities, the property includes a stylish house bathroom with free standing bathtub and freestanding floor mount bathtub filler with hand shower in chrome, close coupled toilet and Roca washbasin with pedestal. Partially tiled in soft shades, the room also includes a towel radiator in chrome. The second bedroom is suitable as an office or nursery amongst many suggestions and again is completed with porcelain tiles to the floor.
A must for viewing, The Cottage on the Mock Hall Farm hamlet built over one single level is a stunning home located closely to the amenities of Mirfield and M62 commuter links. Within close proximity one can enjoy the scenic canal walks of the River Calder or enjoy the nearby eateries, garden centre or the well regarded Haigh's farm shop.
The historic town of Mirfield with an attractive high street provided with boutique shops and high street favourites. During the 18th century, a canal was constructed through the town linking the River Calder with other rivers in the area. The canal is still in use for recreational users, with duck feeding and angling being popular activities whilst looking out for the occasional kingfisher. Peppered with restaurants and bars along the canal and attractive walks radiating from the centre, it is easy to see why Mirfield is a desirable location favoured by those wishing to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. Great schooling is close at hand. In addition to two high school academies in Mirfield itself, many local students secure places at nearby Heckmondwike Grammar School which is repeatedly ranked as the best state school in Kirklees and Calderdale.
Offered with a free carpark, Mirfield is provided with a local train station which is with direct trains to London Kings Cross, Leeds, Manchester, Halifax, Bradford, Huddersfield and Wakefield. With its easy commuter routes and comfortable access to the motorways, Mirfield offers an ideal location to readily access a wealth of large towns and main city centres.
From our understanding this is a Grade 2 listed Building.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To discuss this property call our Huddersfield Office:
Market your property
with Yorkshire's Finest
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.