- Four bedrooms and dressing room
- Art deco stained glass windows
- Period features throughout
- Two garages
- Seperate pitched building with potential to convert to office/kitchen extension
Entering the home, there is original Victorian tiled flooring throughout the hallway and impressive mahogany staircase. The formal reception rooms are equal in size with original pine insulated flooring. With high ceiling heights, conducive to the period, both rooms display original elaborate ceiling roses and cornicing along with single-glazed stained glass art deco period windows. One with a working fire place, the other with gas fired burner stove.
The kitchen hosts original handmade storage cupboards and pantry. Nestled in the fire place is a working Aga, royal blue with an additional cooker with room for an island or large kitchen table. Opportunity to extend out of the kitchen to the outhouses. Leading from the kitchen to the cellar which has electrics, plumbing with a Belfast sink and useable storage.
The first floor houses the bedroom and family bathroom, all fitted with art deco period stained glass windows. The large and light main bedroom boasts original wooden flooring, mid-century fireplace and has a dressing room located next door.
The family bathroom hosts a white suite with chrome furniture and a separate power shower. Impressive floor tiles with the design in keeping with period features of the property.
This home is spacious and light with original period features throughout, including deep skirting boards, original coving and elaborately moulded window frames.
EXTERIOR This walled garden and patio are surrounded with established trees and boarders which provides a private entertainment space and oasis from the outside world. Behind the rear wall is a quiet park area that leads onto the local Greenway. The outdoor building in the garden has utility facilities, working original toilet, another room with a fire place and a coal shoot area. The building has the potential to be utilised to join the kitchen or developed into a working office.
LOCATION On the edge of Heckmondwike and Liversedge, the surrounding area is ringed by countryside and appreciates popular farm shops and garden centres as part of a much-desired community lifestyle. Vernon House is ideally situated for primary and secondary schools, including Heckmondwike Grammar, ranked in the top 10 schools in Yorkshire. The area is peppered with local amenities and attractions including Dewsbury Country Park, Ponderosa Zoo and the ever popular Whiteley's Garden Centre. The property has the added benefit of Birstall Retail and Entertainment Park being located less than 4 miles away, and a choice of gastro-pubs and restaurants including The Gray Ox Country Pub within a 3-mile radius. Close to motorway networks accessing the M62 and M1, and easily accessible to Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield within 10 miles in a car. Both Huddersfield and Dewsbury are served with train stations that offer fabulous commuter links.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To discuss this property call our Huddersfield Office:
Market your property
with Yorkshire's Finest
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.