- Four Bedrooms Arranged over Two Floors.
Chapel House is an individual property with quirks and absolutely beautiful character retained from its former life as a chapel. With industrial architectural detail fusing exposed brick, wood and metal all married together with contemporary flair, this family home has much to be admired.
Sitting in very large gardens over looking Common Lane and Emley Moor, the property has been extended with a stunning garden room which connects to the exterior with an Indian Sandstone balcony with chrome railings finished in charred Siberian Larch. Ample parking is provided on the lengthy driveway with scope to have a detached garage (STPP) if so desired. The gardens have plentiful stations to sit and enjoy the travelling sunshine and admire the enviable location.
The formal entrance via Jagger Lane leads into an internal porch and then on into the entrance hall with ground floor cloakroom and office space which could make the perfect home working situation.
Common Lane is the preferred vehicular access entering the property into the kitchen.
Internally the property has a real blend of vibrant wallpaper working with soft furnishings and engineered wood flooring. In the main sitting room, the red brick fireplace with timber mantle is installed with a cast iron multifuel stove. The room has a versatile layout, displayed in such a way, the property benefits from three designated reception zones which includes the garden room. The garden room extension is a wonderful addition to the property. Arranged to overlook the gardens, the garden room is currently equipped with a dining table and seating to chill and enjoy the scenic vantage point.
The kitchen is highly contemporary and again, the architecture is designed to overlook the countryside. With breakfast bar and high gloss grey cabinets, the modern edge fuses pops of lime hues. Integral appliances include a 5 ring gas on glass hob with glass angled extractor fan above, oval sink with mixer tap, Bosch double oven, fridge and dishwasher.
A ground floor office/bedroom has created a four bedroom property with a further three principle bedrooms positioned to the first floor. The bedrooms have creative angles which add to the traditional character of the original building. Complimented with bespoke glazing and fabulous interior flair, all bedrooms are generous in size and appreciate fitted furniture. The house bathroom is particularly attractive, again taking into consideration the heritage of the building, a roll top footed bathtub is complimented by generous dimensions that further include a double shower, wash basin with pedestal and low level w.c.
The added bonus of the property is the basement, used as laundry room with plumbing for a washing machine, separate coal store and storage room with ample storage, this area could be further renovated for additional purpose if so desired.
LOCATION Close to the Grade II listed Emley Moor Tower, Chapel House sits on the outskirts of the amenities of Emley Village and Flockton and is served well by the local award winning farm shop and tea room and the well-known 'Three Acres' restaurant. The popular annual Emley Farm Show is enjoyed every August by many from far and wide. For those that want to enjoy the rural aspect of countryside living, Jagger Lane is in the countryside but then in only 12 minutes, the train station in Denby Dale offers free parking and regular commuter links to either Sheffield or Huddersfield. Around 20 minutes either direction, Wakefield Westgate and Huddersfield train station also serve many Northern power house cities as well as London Kings Cross. The property is ideally located within a short distance to the M1 motorway.
Nearby regarded schooling are all around 10 minutes car journey and include both Shelley First School and Shelley Academy with sixth form and Scisset Middle school. Silcoates Independent School in Wrenthorpe is again easily accessed in around 12 miles.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To discuss this property call our Huddersfield Office:
Market your property
with Yorkshire's Finest
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.