Mill House is a commanding family residence tucked away down a private lane behind a secure gated entrance on a plot which extends to approximately 1.5 acres located within close proximity to the desirable village of Cawthorne and offering excellent commuting potential with the M1 only minutes away.
FULL DESCRIPTION Mill House is a commanding family residence tucked away down a private lane behind a secure gated entrance on a plot which extends to approximately 1.5 acres located within close proximity to the desirable village of Cawthorne and offering excellent commuting potential with the M1 only minutes away. An especially large seven-bedroom family home which boasts approximately 4000 sq feet of accommodation including a self-contained annexe bungalow and a luxury indoor heated swimming pool.
The grounds to Mill House are exceptionally private and are an absolute landscaped delight with south facing formal gardens with wild life pond, extensive recreational lawns, a large paddock with separate vehicular entrance allowing for equestrian use, outdoor buildings and an ancient woodland with curios pathways and charming walks within its own land. The lawns are well tended, there is mature trees and shrubbery, whilst the entertaining areas are perfect for large gatherings and alfresco dining. The paddock is neatly maintained, akin to a golf course which houses a wonderful summer house looking up towards the wooded scene, there is an orchard to one side with well-established boundaries. There are secret garden areas to be discovered over the bridge and through the gate to the other side there is a further area of land which with work could prove ideal for fish ponds. This area of land opens to further woodland and is fenced at the upper most point and achieves a southerly aspect towards nearby farmland.
Our photographs and floor plan best convey the range of accommodation on offer which is exceptionally versatile in how it can be used and also offers, subject to the necessary consents, scope for part commercial use such as plant nursery, childcare nursery and kennels or cattery.
Here are some of the key features internally.
- Large study with fitted cabinets and bookcases; French doors opening to garden
- Includes a self-contained annexe with lounge, 2 bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom
- 7 bedrooms; 3 with en-suite bathrooms, 2 additional bathrooms and 4 further cloakrooms
- Heated, indoor swimming pool with wave generator; Gymnasium area with shower and cloakroom
- Large orangery with additional dining area maximising light and views over gardens
- Oak-panelled dining room / snooker room with true inglenook fireplace having seating to each side
- Master bedroom has en-suite with sauna/shower and 18-foot dressing room
- Recently fitted kitchen with centre island, breakfast area and feature glass display cabinets
The location of the property being only a few minutes drive of the M1 motorway affords excellent commuting to Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester as well as many other key northern and midland cities. High speed rail links are close by with direct trains to London, as well as offering easy access to the revered private schools in Wakefield along with local primary schools with the most recent Ofsted rankings being either good or outstanding.